1) Spend time in prayer. Prayer and fasting can go a long way. Pray for our all of our politicians to choose life- protecting laws (this is a problem for both Democrats and Republicans). Pray for women with unexpected pregnancies, for people on death- row, and for the elderly. Pray for the strength to stand up when your beliefs and values come into question. Pray!
2) Educate yourself. We have many books, pamphlets, websites, etc to help educate yourself and others of the many pro-life issues facing our country.
3) Volunteer. There are many opportunities to volunteer. The Respect Life Apostolate of St. Louis (http://archstl.org/respectlife) has a list of ways to help and places to volunteer.
4) Visit a clinic. Many people from our parish go down to Forest Park (where they perform actual abortions) to pray, and even talk to women who are going in. Imagine the awesomeness of talking to a girl and actually saving a life.
5) Promote it. Many of us going on the Pro-Life Trip are buying hoodies that were designed by Miranda Judd. If you wish to purchase one (or more), let me know by Sunday, Jan 13. They will cost $25. You can order one by CLICKING HERE
Secondly, This Sunday is our semester kickoff called, “Mystery Revealed”. Make sure you grab your bibles, dust them off, and bring them to church. If you don’t have one or forget, I have a few.
Lastly, don’t forget that we have Disciples on Wednesday. It is a great way to deepen your faith and to better understand the Gospels.
I hope school is not keeping you down. Please know we are praying for you; and if there is anything you need, please let us know (we are here for you). God Bless.